The Model Barback at Fantasy Lab is will support the beverage operation of the outlet through timely bussing and resetting of the bar, running food and beverage items while engaging in polite, responsive, and timely interaction with guests and teammates including basic menu descriptions. Additionally, assesses bar customers’ needs and preferences and makes recommendations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Support bartenders as directed with pre-shift prep, post-shift close, and in-shift maintenance.
- Maintain a clean, hygienic, and organized work environment including stocking of supplies, washing and polishing glassware, folding napkins, cleaning menus, sanitizing tables, etc.
- Stock the bar as necessary in accordance with company guidelines regarding liquor requisition
- Explain basic details of food dishes and beverages at the time of delivery to guests
- Prepare basic non-alcoholic beverages such as water, coffee, tea, etc.
- Be an expert in the organization of the bar and where things are in the building as a whole
- Preparation will be key. Prep the bar daily, maintain it during the shift, and clean it nightly in preparation for the next shift
- Adhere to company standards regarding food and beverage knowledge
- Orchestrate an extraordinary guest experience through positive guest interaction
- Be able to guide guests through aspects of our hotel and our city
- Ensure that guests are of legal drinking age by asking for an appropriate ID card
- Utilize the communication channels set in place and be up to date on all aspects of service, safety, and operation protocols and procedures.
- Work leadership to identify and limit waste, and to promote efficient productivity
- Exercise professionalism and respect when communicating. Know each other’s names
- Maintain your work schedule, daily time-punches, and sign-ins to ensure accuracy of timecards
- Adhere to all house policies and standards
- Promote a professional and respectful work atmosphere between all staff members.
- Perform proper changeover, opening, and closing duties
- Maintain accountability to kitchen standards, set prep recipes, and performance procedures
- Follow all prep recipes and procedures and successfully perform these duties as assigned and/or reassigned by leadership
- Participate in seamless operation between BOH + FOH staff members ensuring proper service to our guests
- Perform to high standards of excellence, execution, and cleanliness
- Always keep your active SNHD Food Handler’s card with you while on property
- The work environment is noisy, must constantly receive and communicate information
- Ability to bend, stoop, balance, and reach-ins necessary
- The job requires lifting/carrying a max weight of 50lbs across an 8-hour shift
- Execute proper health and safety protocols while operating equipment, handling food, storing food, maintaining temperature & time control logs, and sanitizing as dictated by the SNHD
- Report health and safety incidents and concerns directly to leadership in an accurate and timely manner
- Contribute to successful SNHD health inspections
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with this job. Fantasy Lab reserves the right to make changes to the above job description whenever necessary.